Monday 7 October 2013

AWARES 13- An Exciting Journey Begins....

Hi everyone, welcome to my blog and my world. I will be sharing tidbits of information from my studies in Advanced Writing and Reporting Skills (AWARES)  at the School of Media and Communication, of the Pan-Atlantic University located in Lagos state, Nigeria. As we all know, learning is a continuous, lifelong endeavor. According to the law of atrophy, whatever is not used, dies. When you give up on yourself too soon, or think that education ends  with the acquisition of a University degree, then you develop brain atrophy and give up on life too soon.
celebrating with Daniel, VP on his birthday, lol

Insert in the Daily Mirror on elected class executives-Isabella, Daniel, and I

At the Cafeteria-enjoy!
Esther, Alex and Kelvin. Celebrating Daniel

I am a lifelong student and as I invite you into my world, I will also be sharing tidbit on life and the things life has taught me, to make it more exciting.
Class Members, AWARES 13
You are welcome to go on this journey with me as I share pictures of my course mates and I . Interestingly, class elections were done a few weeks after resumption and I, who prides herself on being apolitical, was nominated and subsequently elected President of AWARES 13!!!  I want to use this medium to thank all my classmates who voted for me, and I trust that the confidence reposed in me will not be abused. This is also a shout out to fellow exco members-Daniel (VP) and Isabella (Secretary). Wishing you all, and the rest of the team, which comprises all our classmates in the program, a successful tenure.

20 comments:

  1. I canot help but agree that to grow you must be willing to learn consistently. keep learning and never stop living

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mmanti!!! Thanks for being the first to comment on my blog. You have just won for yourself a copy of Bola Essien-Nelson's latest book, 'True Confessions.' Thanks for the encouragement, and please share this blog with your friends. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'He who stops learning, begins to die' I think one quote about learning goes.......Glad I popped by Unyime and even gladder to see someone win a copy of my book! Lol! Congrats Mmanti! I do pray it 'speaks' to you......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, sis. B, thanks for stopping by. That quote is apt! One can only stop learning in the grave. I'm glad you pooped by. God bless you. I',m sure Mmanti will be blessed by the insights in your book.

      Delete
  4. So glad I popped over to visit Unyime-Ivy. Even gladder to see someone winning a copy of my book. Lol! Congratulations Mmanti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Whatever is not used, Dies". Very apt, very true, I am a Disciple of Learning so thank you for the tidbits, I'll look forward to stopping by again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ada. I look forward to reading your insightful comments here.

      Delete
  6. We learn everyday and in every way...at school, at home, at church and at play. Life is a school and only the serious students learn from it and excel in life. Well done Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, Iby. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  7. I am so happy for my friend and sister. God bless U̶̲̥̅̊.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God will continue to give U̶̲̥̅̊ inspiration,well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos girl...Keep the fire burning...Elbow grease!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice piece. I did miss the picture section ........

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to see what you're doing to sharpen your craft, Unyime. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see what you're doing to sharpen your craft, Unyime. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to see all that you're doing to sharpen your craft, Unyime . All the best!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not navigate away without dropping a line. Your opinion counts. Thank you.